Per local,state and federal law enforcement -we are currently on lockdown. At this time no one is permitted on or off of campus. Everyone is safe, we are just following protocols set forth by law enforcement.
- Starting today, we will post weekly updates of any cases involving our students or staff. This information was mandated by the Governor on September 3, 2020.
- The September 3 Order also states, “Within 24 hours of becoming aware of a student, teacher, staff member, or coach who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19, a school shall notify parents or guardians of students of the existence of the case in writing and share as much information as possible without disclosing protected health information.” This information will be sent out via email, social media, and our Remind app.
- An updated school calendar will be coming out next week pending board approval. Please pay attention to the adjusted ending (June 4) and also the “Virtual Days” we have planned for the rest of the year. These days will allow our teachers to implement online lessons, evaluate our infrastructure, and work out any potential problems we might encounter if we would be forced to close one or all of our buildings. The first Virtual Day is tentatively planned for Friday, October 2, 2020.
Weekly updates about COVID-19 data for our district can be found on the following page.
AUGUST 5, 2020
Based on Governor Dewine’s mandate on August 4, 2020 that all K-12 students must wear masks to school, coupled with Lake Elementary School’s lack of air conditioning, the start date of the Lake Local School District will be pushed back to TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2020.
While we look forward to seeing our students as quickly as possible, we think it is in the best interests of approximately 600 of our youngest Flyers and the 85 staff members in the elementary school to wait the extra time so, hopefully, the weather will cool down and the building will be more comfortable.
Thank you to the people who offered last night to buy additional window air conditioners to install in Lake Elementary classrooms. Unfortunately, there is not enough electric capacity in that building to handle the additional load, but your generosity is much appreciated.
Additional information will be forthcoming from each building in the next several days. Once again, we appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work through this crisis.
- August 12th 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- August 13th 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- August 14th 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- One parent and the student picking up the device will enter through the main HS entrance.
- Proceed straight down the runway to where there will be stations set up to: collect device insurance money, sign forms and device handout. Please bring a check or cash with you to device pickup.
- To ensure a quick process please sign the program guidelines in FinalForms before arriving. There will be devices available if you need to fill out the forms.
- After picking up the device you will exit the building through the marked door.
With today’s mandate that requires masks for all students in Kindergarten through the 12th Grade, our administration is meeting tomorrow to discuss how to best serve our kids in the elementary school early in the year due to a lack of air conditioning in that building. Please be patient with us as we work through this situation. Any decisions will be shared in a timely manner. Thanks for your understanding.
Please see the letter attached below for the plan for 2020-2021 school year.